The Shape 50 – 5.0″ Active 2-Way Studio Monitor from Focal Professional is a compact nearfield studio monitor ideal for use in home, project, or mobile studios. The sealed MDF cabinet houses a 5.0″ flax sandwich cone woofer and an aluminum/magnesium inverted dome tweeter that combine to provide a frequency response of 50 Hz to 35 kHz with a maximum SPL of 106 dB, while two 5.0″ passive radiators help extend the low frequencies and minimize distortion. The midrange/low-frequency driver is powered by a Class-AB 60W amplifier, while the high-frequency driver utilizes a Class-AB 25W amplifier. The sealed enclosure allows the monitor to be placed near a boundary or wall with no adverse effects.
The monitor features XLR and RCA input connectors, making it easy to connect to a variety of sound systems and devices. It also offers a variety of controls including an adjustable crossover at 160 Hz, as well as high- and low-frequency shelf controls, plus a releasable high-pass filter, which allow you to customize the speaker’s acoustic response to match your environment. The Shape 50 can be mounted to the ceiling or a wall via the optional fastening accessories package and ships with a standard IEC power cord.
- Aluminum/magnesium inverted dome tweeter
- “M”-Shaped Tweeter: 1″ with low directivity for a flexible listening position
- Flax Sandwich Cone Woofer: 5.0″ with controlled and articulated bass, natural and detailed lower midrange and upper midrange registers
- Dual passive radiators (5.0″) for extended bass response and reduced distortion
- Designed without a port, allowing it to be placed near a wall
- Releasable high-pass filter
- Adjustable Crossover: 160 Hz
- Adjustable treble and bass
- Frequency Response: 50 Hz to 35 kHz
- Maximum SPL: 106 dB (peak at 1 m)
- XLR and RCA inputs
- Auto-standby mode
- Accepts 100-240 VAC power for international use
- Fastening mechanisms present on the back and underneath for installing on the ceiling or a wall (fastening accessories not supplied)
- Threads for ceiling and wall mounts (fastening accessories not supplied)
There are no reviews yet.